Sunday 1 April 2012

A Vintage Dinner Party in Manchester

Despite my fatigue, I didn't want to miss my trip to Manchester this weekend for anything. So here I am, nestled cosily in the back bedroom at a friend's house with her cat Lula wandering in and out looking for someone to make a fuss of her. Having visited local pub the Pack Horse on Friday night, yesterday I woke up to the pleasant sound of birds singing in the trees outside.
Introducing... Lula and her pet human, Nellie
Didsbury bound, we attended a vintage dinner party last night. Hosted at a friend of a friend's, the evening was complemented with a full cocktail service, handmade sushi rolls and dancing. The gentlemen arrived in debonair 'The Talented Mr Ripley' style blazers, cravats and boating shoes, whilst the ladies resembled starlets from the '40s and '50s. Mancunians certainly rise to the occasion!

With my feet firmly back in the present, I can now look forward to a four day working week next week and being reunited with all my home comforts.

Vintage inspired shenanigans in Didsbury, Manchester

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog