Thursday 19 April 2012

Just Gabbin'

Well good evening or good morning, depending on where you are in the world! It's a couple of hours away from bedtime for me and as usual I'm shattered. I narrowly missed going to my gym class due to the heavy rain this evening (its lame I know). If the rain keeps on coming like it has for the past few days and I keep skipping the gym, I'll get so fat I'll have to be air-lifted into work.

So, what's been happening in the world of Micro G? I've been working away on the crochet blanket tonight and whilst at work today was quizzed about why I like to blog. People forget it's usually a personal thing and a hobby and often don't really understand bloggers' motivations. For me, well I enjoy meeting new people through blogs and Twitter, I also love learning about the technology behind it and like to keep friends and family up-to-date on my latest knitting and crochet projects, especially mum, "Hi mum!"
 
Mr brother takes a dim view of company Facebook sites and 'corporate' blogs and I have to admit, even though I'm not getting any younger myself, when I hear of men in their '50s gloating about how influential they are on Twitter, I can't help but smile wryly. Could social media be the new symptom of midlife crisis now that the banks have taken all our money and no one can afford to buy Porsches anymore?

I have plenty of other hobbies, too many really and I firmly believe blogging is way cooler than Facebook, or bragging about work or money (no one likes a bore).

Little by little I've been tinkering with my new blog site over the last couple of weeks and it's slowly starting to take shape now. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out but sometimes it's nice just to let your imagination run wild...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog