I do love a top 10 and thought that other beginner crocheters would find it handy to have a list of inspirational blogs and websites for learning how to crochet.
In no particular order, here's my top 10 and why...
1. Ravelry - The mother of all yarn craft websites, not-for-profit community social media site Ravelry is an Aladdin's Cave of patterns, forums and news used by 'craftivists' across the globe.
2. Spontaneous Joy - Taking amigurumi bears to a whole new level, Gurumi 'O' Rama will melt even the iciest of hearts.
3. Crafty is Cool - A website containing Alison's quirky collection of amigurumi characters based on real people and familiar TV and film characters such as Wonder Woman and Michael Jackson.
4. Ana Paula's Amigurumi Patterns & Random Cuteness - It is difficult not to raise a smile when you see these itty bitty cutie creations. Ana Paula's crocheted toys are really lovely.
5. Isamo Crochet - Super stylist lacy gloves and modern crochet accessories abound.
6. MemeRose - Easy on the eye, Meme Rose’s blog features blanket projects that will make you seethe with envy wishing you'd created them yourself!
7. Crochet with Raymond - In a class of its own, Alice's 'Kiwi Experience' is a heady mix of yarn dying endeavours, insider tips on spinning wheels and colourful knitting and crochet projects, all presented by her creative director, Raymond the handsome siamese cat.
8. Roman Sock - Showcasing iguanas and many of the adorable animals from Brigitte's best-selling book, Roman Sock also includes a helpful Must Have Crochet List to point novice crocheters in the right direction.
9. Planet Penny - Combining craft projects with pet news and tasty recipes, this new blog is like a great night in with all your favourite home comforts.
10. Amigurumi Today - I always check it for the adorable animated amigurumi clips which are occasionally featured.
Pictured: my tea cosy, inspired by Alice’s Spring Explosion tea cosy on Crochet with Raymond.