Friday 18 November 2011

Counting sheep

Greetings! I haven't had a chance to blog for days as I started a new contract this week. However, I wanted to tell you I finally received my little gift from Morocco: a huge amount of extra chunky weight wool hand spun by the local artisans. The yarn isn't quite as refined as something you'd purchase in a regular UK haberdashery but it gets a definite 'thumbs up' from me as I find its rustic charm rather appealing. In fact, I'm amazed by just how much there is, when I pile it all up together, there's almost enough to clothe a sheep! My only regret is that I wasn't able to scour the North African streets myself to investigate the variety of wools available. Toying with the idea of dying it a more practical colour, I'm planning to use the natural coloured fibre to make some furnishings before the New Year.

Also, earlier in the week, news of this quirky Paris art exhibition caught my eye, knitting certainly seems to increasingly be on people's radars.

Enjoy your weekend folks, more from me again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my blog